Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Dairy, gluten, egg, and sugar free Chocolate Pudding!

I've been searching for a good recipe for allergy free chocolate pudding and came across a few. The problem with those was they used spoonable stevia and after making a large batch my boys, and myself, couldn't take the strong stevia flavor and aftertaste. (Sadly, I threw out the whole batch) I finally found a good recipe that I added a few touches to and found a pudding that my kids LOVE and is very easy and simple, not to mention super healthy! So here is what I came up with:

Chocolate Pudding:
(dairy, gluten, egg, and sugar free)

1 large avocado-peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
1 banana-sliced
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup baking chocolate shavings
3 Tbsp raw honey
1 tsp lemon juice
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
2 tsp cocoa powder

Put all the ingredients into a blender or food processor and purée until it is smooth. Divide into small containers and store in the refrigerator until set.

I reuse empty baby food or individual apple sauce containers to store the Pudding in, they are great because I can grab them and put them in lunches or hand them out for snacks.

Have fun and enjoy this delicious snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment