Saturday, October 16, 2010

Feed the Cravings!! Gluten/Egg FREE Chocolate Chip cookies!!





    Gluten and Egg Free
                           Chocolate Chip Cookies!

   Cravings are something we all have.  I am no exception!  My downfall has always been soft, dunkable, delicious, chocolate chip cookies!! This is one of the few treats that often tempt me if they are in my reach.  It takes some major GOD control to not cheat and eat one of these heavenly goodies!!
   This recipe has been such a blessing!  I have to admit, I am a big fan of experimenting to find the perfect recipe that satisfies my taste, but sometimes I make too much work for myself when I refuse to try the simple recipes on the back of the package that the flour comes in (you know, because it couldn't possibly be any good...). 
    This recipe is just that, a recipe on the back of the Pamela's  Baking and Pancake mix package.  The only difference between what I was doing and the suggestion on the package was a reduction in butter.  (What a difference it made in my cookies!) Maybe Pamela isn't as dumb as I thought! HAHA!
  So, with no further delay, here is the recipe!!

Gluten and Egg free
Chocolate Chip cookies
(Pamela's Chocolate chip cookies!)

1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar (I prefer the taste of dark brown sugar.)
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, large (Replace with Ener-G Egg replacer for egg free version)
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups Pamela's Mix
1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Yield: approximately 20 cookies.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream butter and sugar, add egg and vanilla, then beat together.  Add Pamela's Mix, chocolate chips and nuts, then mix thoroughly.  Place scoops of dough (1 TBSP scoop) on a lightly greased cookie sheet. (Using a baking stone turned out more evenly cooked and soft cookies for me).  Flatten.  (I didn't flatten mine in the picture.  It's all a personal preference). Bake for 15 minutes or until edges start to brown.  Let cookies cool slightly and use a spatula to remove from cookie sheet.

                                                            ENJOY!

Have fun with your cookies! Try some different mix in's such as m&m's! Be creative!  Cooking is only as fun as you make it!

I hope this recipe blesses you as much as it has me!  (It's so amazing how much a small treat can minister to your tummy when it seems like everything has become off limits by allergies!).   If you have any allergy friendly cookies that you enjoy, please feel free to share them with us in the comments!  We are here to glean from each other and encourage one another!! God Bless! Praying for you all!

1 comment: